Thursday, April 5, 2007

Beer, Yes we have Beer

So, last night Kags and I found something like a restaurant in Korle Bu. It was pretty much a snack bar where you order food through a window and sit on tables in a bricked in patio. But it was clean, painted attractively, and no part of it was on wheels. Also, I had my first beer here. After asking the waitress what kind of beer they had (and she responding "beer, we have beer") I ended up with a 20oz bottle of Star Beer. Kind of reminded me of Coors or Michelobe. Not great, but it seems Accra's two big beers are Star and (oddly enough) Guinness. So when we went to Frankie's I had a Guinness.

I should clarify that in Kag's post, the guy thought I was mormon because I was wearing a white button down shirt with kackie pants. When in fact Mormon's usually wear white button down with black pants. And though we were travelling in a pair, Kag's was not similarly dressed.

I saw an older Ghanaian woman today wearing a shirt that read "Blonde Bomshell". We also saw a sign advertising "magical" checking accounts to increase money.

No comments: