Friday, April 13, 2007

Trivia Night

So, last night Kags and I went out with some students from the UK and Germany. They took us to a sports bar, which could have been right out of the US. We had chicken nuggets and Guinness (although there was also the required Star Beer). There was also trivia which we did pretty well at (although we didn't win). Our team was appropriately (and morbidly) named "I see dead people". I was able to use some of my mad movie skills to remember that Ernest Borgnine won best Actor for Marty and Kags was able to answer some trivia about Zoolander. The other sign that this was an ex-pat bar were the prices, charging twice as much for beer as any other place I've visited so far. Although, even in Ghana that means I had to pay about 2$ for a pint. A fun time was had by all. Kags and I were starting to get a little tired of sitting around the hostel, without power, playing cards in the dark. One of the other students even commented about that, saying that we "looked bored, sitting around playing cards while mosquito's buzzed about us". Tonight we'll probably go out with some American students who are going "clubbing". While I'm not normally a clubber, it'll be good to have fun with other visiting students and I've seen Saturday Night at the Roxbury enough to perfect my dancing.

No comments: