Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Matt finds Hot Dogs

So, more on my travels here. Earlier on I alluded to preparations for bribing the customs officials. I brought fun American toys and a radio that I got at the dollar store. But sadly, at the airport customs I was able to walk right through. This means that Kags and I now have silly putty and super balls to play with.

Wandering around today I found another street/alley with lots of food stalls and stores. Ghanaians love to add religious monikers to things, thus "The Lords Grace Beauty Salon" etc, etc. I got what can only be described as a spice hot dog which was very tasty. Given that much of Ghanaian food consists of starch (rice, maize, etc) mixed with very spice sauce/soup, it was fun to find something like junk food.

We are staying near Korle Bu, the teaching hospital, which is in Accra (the capital), but kind of on the outskirts. So it feels kind of like the boonies. Kags and I are hoping to head down to central Accra tomorrow to buy bus tickets for a weekend getaway. Since it's Easter weekend our duties are pretty much nill on Friday and Monday. Apparently there's a national park up north that has a walkway in the canopy 40 meters up. And since it's mountainous it should me much cooler :)

No comments: