Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pizza and an Unexpected Visitor

Last night Kags and I went to Mama Mia's and had pizza. It wasn't bad, although it was probably the most expensive meal we've had here. It was a going away celebration for two of the British medical students. Then while walking back we passed a bootleg CD/DVD shop selling notably discounted movies (often up to 9 movies on the same disk). It was questionable that they were playable on American players since many of them didn't have region codes, but I guess 5 dollars for 9 movies is worth a gamble.

Today I worked in clinic this morning and then met up with a visiting faculty member from Michigan. Kags and I have ditched our whitecoats, ties, and undershirts in favor of light, breathable, short sleeve button downs in an effort to keep cool. The faculty member had not done so and looking at him I realized how I must look to the vast majority of Ghanians . . . like a sweaty white guy. Unfortunately he had to head back tonight, but it was nice seeing a familiar face. And it seems that the collaboration between my home school and the medical school here will continue, which is good news.

And, we've past the halfway mark here which is eventful. We've survived in a developing country for two weeks and each day is now a day closer to seeing loved ones. Kags and I hope to have a good time this weekend, travelling to a botanical garden.

1 comment:

Mina said...

What movies were on the disk?