Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Kags joins Matt

Yesterday morning Kags, my fellow classmate, joined me in Ghana. It was nice to see a familiar face and someone who gets my jokes. Kags, like me, also got lost wandering the streets when he was walking to our hostel from the hospital. Last night it was too hot to sleep so we chatted for awhile. When it's 85 degrees and 100% humidity and the fan doesn't work because the power is out . . . it's uncomfortable. Actually, the heat isn't bugging me too much, but I am having to drink plenty of water.

I've liked the Gahanaian food I've had so far, but I can never remember the names so I usually just walk up to a vendor and point or ask for a recommendation. Everyone remains very friendly. Mosquitos and flies haven't really been any problem so far, which is nice. I've also seen some people carrying things on their head, which I can understand. It's really too hot for anything like a backpack. Although all the doctors usually wear white coats and many wear ties. I can't imagine that. Yesterday I wore a button down short sleeve with no undershirt and it was tolerable.

No comments: